Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday - using only red, yellow and blue!

So today I am at work, but wanted to post yet another earlier painting from my class homework last fall. The project was to work with a limited color palette. So here is a painting using only primary colors, ultramarine blue, cadmium yellow light, red (can't remember which one, maybe Ted can help me out here), and Titanium white. I had to create all the colors, especially all those different browns using three colors.
Very interesting and hard study,

Understanding how colors work together, how they mix, use of cool and warm colors of the same hue, is definitely as important as the drawing, composition and getting the paint onto the canvas. This is something I am just barely scratching the surface. 

Thank you for all the kind comments about my first blog posts from yesterday, please sign up as a follower to keep up with me...your comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment