Sunday, January 5, 2014

"Snowy Crane" #5/30 by Beth Bathe

"Snowy Crane" #5/30, 6 x 8, oil on linen panel
Ok, so today I was going to paint something other than birds, but when I logged onto Facebook this morning I noticed that my friend Suzanne had posted that it was "National Bird Day". How could I not paint one more bird on their National Day! I thought about an eagle, but I have not had the honor of actually photographing an eagle. I did have this shot of a crane that I had photographed while visiting Myrtle Beach. I cropped it tightly and made it yet another snow scene...because it is still very cold and snowy here in PA!

Ok, so that might be the end of my birds for this challenge...stay tuned till tomorrow, Monday, to see what my next subject might be!

To buy this painting or any other of my flock, visit my online gallery at Daily Paintworks

2 comments:

  1. Really nice work. I love the hints of rain in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting a snow crane is perfect during this period of winter storms. I hope you are staying warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete