Thursday, August 8, 2013

Star Barn

"Star Barn", 8 x 10, oil on ampersand gessoboard
While driving home from Mechanicsburg Monday, after picking up my entries from the SVPAP July Show, I decided I must stop and paint somewhere. I had passed the Star Barn complex on Rt 283 numerous times, and had read that they were probably the most photographed and painted barns in the U.S. So I decided it must be a rite of passage for a new Pennsylvania resident and painter to paint the Star Barn (It must be in the manual somewhere!)

So here is my Monday afternoon plein air, "Star Barn". It doesn't have it's once familar pond in front, a Church now owns most of the property around the complex and the pond has been filled in, just this little babbling brook, like a little mirror just barely capturing the image of what at sometime in the past had been grand and beautiful indeed...

To see more of my work, including still life and figurative, visit my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment