Thursday, February 24, 2011

Painting Class, 3 Week Portrait Pose

So yesterday I finished day 3 of a 4 day portrait pose in my oil painting class. I am posting photos of the portrait in progress, from day 1, 2 and 3. I guess each sitting was about 2 hours each. I've learned several lessons from this project:
1. I don't use enough paint. I need to be adding my dark and light values on the canvas and be mixing more of the values on the canvas. I am working too thin, I need to be bolder.
2. I need to use more color, blues and greens in the cooler shadows and reds, yellows in the warm areas. Flesh tones can have many colors, I need to experiment more!
3. I get caught up in the details too soon! I need to make sure areas large areas of light and dark are working first!

Day 1

Day 2


Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment