Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"Still Snow" by Beth Bathe

"Still Snow" #28/30, 6" x 8", oil on panel
Today's painting was started yesterday (I thought I would get ahead. It started as a still life of three flowers in a delft pitcher. I got it blocked in, it had a very dark background and low lighting. I then worked on it all this morning. It just wasn't working. I ran some errands and got back to the studio at 4 pm...I then wiped the whole canvas down (first painting of the thirty that I scraped). So at 4:15 pm, this landscape was born. I wanted to continue to work with snow, and I like how the winter grass peaks through this wonderful snowy drive to an old barn.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. Excellent work on the grassy area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you did! This is wonderful: I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete